GPS cannot find position when working with maps offline

piulintos

Oct 9, 2008, 5:52:42 PM10/9/08
to Iphone Offline Maps
Not shure if this is the right place for this question, but when using
maps with the offline information (which works great, by the way!), I
cannot get the iPhone GPS to find a position. Is there something I am
missing here? Thanks!

Kheo

Oct 10, 2008, 2:21:13 AM10/10/08
to Iphone Offline Maps
hum strange, I hoped it would work but never had tested it. Neither
mask nor me have a iPhone with GPS so we weren't able to test the GPS
feature with offline maps.
I don't know if there is a way to make it works.

Could you be more precise on what happen when the GPS failed getting
your pos ?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

antoni...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2008, 4:16:07 PM10/15/08
to Iphone Offline Maps
Hi piulintos,

I have tried it today and it works like a charm!

Please check the following:

- Your localization switch is turned ON under preferences --> General
(it is obvious, I know)
- Do not select "Airplane Mode". I did the first try with this option
as it is the fastest way to cut Wi-Fi and GSM/3G signals, but it also
cut the GPS signal and there is no way to be located.
- Just switch off the Wi-Fi button under Preferences
- Now switch off the phone and switch it on again but without phone
activation

It should work for you as it is working for me.

Please, let me know.

matt...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2008, 2:51:40 AM11/12/08
to Iphone Offline Maps
Greetings,

I have turned off data services as well as WIFI, however, when I hit
the GPS location, it says: Your location could not be determined. I am
still having the mobile signal while I am doing that.

Anyway, on the OfflineMap, when I get to choose the Map to use, it
will prompt with Link or Copy, does that matter?

Matthew

mask

Nov 16, 2008, 1:08:42 AM11/16/08
to Iphone Offline Maps
:P
My comment is using link with not internet connection & large Map.
Most of my Maps are less than 300MB , so I will choose Copy method.
But if you have a huge Map with GBs data , Link method will it faster
than Copy method.

Just a suggestion : Don't make such a huge Map , I don't think you
will travel whole country in one trip.
So , just make several small one , and switch it while you really need
to.
-mask

asea...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2008, 10:58:40 PM12/11/08
to Iphone Offline Maps
I have Iphone 3g fw 2.2. Gives me an error - your location cannot be
found Here is what I did. (I already have offline maps installed using
Cydia)
1. dl map using SMDL
2. converted map using v4tov5 converter
3. copied 2 files into my iphone (/var/mobile/Media/Maps)
MapTiles.sqlitedb and com.apple.Maps.plist
4. I can see the map, zoom in-zoom out scroll etc.
5. When I press location button in the lower left corner) I get an
error.

EDGE, 3g, WI-FI is off (I checked using BossPrefs). Maybe this has to
do with 2.2 FW?
> > missing here? Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

loga...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2008, 9:10:12 AM12/16/08
to Iphone Offline Maps
It is deffinately not FW 2.2, as I upgraded my iphone 3g to FW 2.2
through itunes, then Jailbroke it, and can use the GPS in offline maps
no problem. Wifi and edge are turned off in BossPrefs.